Disappointing results

This is my very own Google search blog post. Which means, it is one of those posts which are so much in vogue these days where bloggers sift through their sitemeter stats and look up the referring URLs and the funny google searches in them. Now since I don't have that many hits on my site, the number of searches that refer me are also limited. But the trend in these searches is that while people find something related to their queries on my site, the post that the link comes to is not exactly what the people have been looking for. In other words, the search results lead to disappointments. Lets look at a few examples:

1) Searching for "1:3" airtel dsl takes you to this post where I express my happiness on the lifiting of the blog ban by my ISP, Airtel.

2) Searching for ataullah songs acha sila brings up my page second on the list!!! And what is inside is a post wondering why such songs are so popular.

3) A search for drunken beef takes you to my post raving about the drunken beef I had at a friend's restaurant.

4) Arthur Dent character analysis brings you to a post about Superman(!) where one of the commenters has mentioned Adams' protagonist.

5) But what takes the cake is that searching for scientific reason behind fasting brings up my post as number 1!!! And what is the post about? Eclipses and the unexplainable effect they have on the minds of perfectly reasonable people who start fasting and throwing away perfectly good food. Oh the irony!

Just wanted to say to all the people who come to my blog via misleading google searches... sorry to disappoint, but thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed reading the blog (and looking at the chocolates) even though it wasn't exactly what you were looking for.

4 comments:

M (tread softly upon) said...

ha ha....I've had some really crazy ones. Makes me wonder who these freaks are who go about searching for such weird things on google!

Anonymous said...

shush you .. stop searching for your own blogs .. get the testing started at your work ... always blogging and chatting ...

if you do not who this is ? then think abt the person whom you think GOD is ;-)

Tanushree said...

@ Anonymous: The person who I think GOD is??? You mean I am making anonymous comments on my own blog entries??? And having a comment conversation with myself? I think I need to get checked in to a mental hospital soon...

Sidhusaaheb said...

*applause*